Top page > Corporate profile > Corporate History

Corporate profile

Corporate History

The following is a list of major developments in POLA Chemical Industries’ growth over the years.

1929 Shinobu Suzuki establishes the company in Shizuoka prefecture.
1940 POLA CHEMICAL lNDUSTRIES, INC. is formed.
1946 POLA, INC. is launched.
1954 The Shizuoka plant is completed.
1960 The POLA Ginza Building is completed in Ginza, Tokyo.
1961 The Yokohama Plant is completed and the mass production system is put into place.
1964 The Yokohama R&D Center is completed.
1971 The POLA Gotanda Building is completed.
1976 POLA Research Institute of Beauty and Culture is established.
1977 The Fukuroi Plant is completed.
1979 In celebration of its 50th anniversary, POLA establishes the POLA Foundation for the Promotion of Traditional Japanese Culture.
1992 The Central R&D Center completed.
(presently, the Yokohama R&D Center)
1996 The POLA Art Foundation is established.
1997 The Shizuoka and Fukuroi Plants receive ISO 9002 certification.
1998 The Shizuoka and Fukuroi Plants receive ISO 9001 certification.
2000 The Shizuoka and Fukuroi Plants receive ISO 14001 certification.
2002 New Business Announcement
The POLA Museum of Art opens at Sengokubara in Hakone.
The POLA Museum Annex opens in Ginza.
2006 Pure holding company POLA ORBIS HOLDINGS INC. is founded.
2009 The POLA Ginza Building is rebuilt in Ginza, Tokyo.
2010 POLA ORBIS HOLDINGS INC. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange First Section.
Research departments were integrated in the place of the Central R&D Center and reestablished as the Yokohama R&D Center.
Corporate headquarters moved to Gotanda, Tokyo.
2013 Corporate headquarters moved to Yokohama.
2014 Production operation was integrated in the place of Fukuroi Plant.
Website policy  |  Handling of personal information  |  Site map